- 17 Amazing Health Benefits And Uses Of Baking Soda
- What is Baking Soda?
- Nutrition in Baking Soda:
- Uses of Baking Soda:
- 1. Uses of baking soda for hair:
- 2. Uses of baking soda for dandruff:
- 3. Uses of baking soda for bathing:
- 4. Baking soda for face:
- 5. Uses of baking soda for acne:
- 6. Baking soda for teeth:
- 7. Baking soda for urinary tract infection:
- 8. Baking soda for burning sensation during urination:
- 9. Uses of baking soda for gas:
- 10. Uses of baking soda for soft foot:
- 11. Baking soda drink:
- 12. Uses of Baking soda for insect bite:
- 13. Uses of baking soda for Gout:
- 14. Boost your exercise stamina:
- 15. Baking soda for cancer:
- 16. Uses of baking soda for cleaning:
- 17. Uses of baking soda for supernatural activities:
- Side Effects of Baking Soda:
- Difference Between Baking Soda and Baking Powder:
17 Amazing Health Benefits And Uses Of Baking Soda
Baking soda is a common ingredient found in every kitchen. Another name of baking soda is bread soda, cooking soda, and bicarbonate of soda. A pinch of baking soda can make cakes softer and cookies more delicious; but more than just a cooking ingredient, it has many medicinal properties as well. In this article, we are going to share various medicinal uses of baking soda so you know when a pinch of this white power can help you.
What is Baking Soda?
Baking soda is a basic compound that consists of the chemical sodium bicarbonate. Baking soda is also known as Sodium Bicarbonate or Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate. Baking Soda has many different uses, such as cooking, deodorizing refrigerators and more. Baking soda can be used to make baked goods like breads and cookies rise better. Baking soda also helps with bad breath by preventing bacteria from forming on your teeth. Baking soda is an ingredient in toothpaste because it makes teeth whiter and brighter while killing bacteria that causes plaque buildup.
Nutrition in Baking Soda:
Baking soda is a white crystalline powder with no calories, fat, carbs. Baking soda contains 1,260 milligrams of sodium and 1.7 grams of ash with one teaspoon containing 2,300 milligrams of sodium or more than the suggested daily limit. Baking soda acts as an acid when reacting to liquid but has neutralizing qualities in its ability to absorb moisture in baked goods.
- Calories: 0 g
- Sodium: 1,260 mg per level tsp (2,300 mg per tsp)
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 0 g
- Protein: 0g
- Vitamin B6: 0% of the RDA per level tsp (2% of the RDA per tsp)
- Iron: 0% of the RDA per level tsp (2% of the RDA per tsp)
- Magnesium: 0% of the RDA per level tsp (1.8% of the RDA per tsp)
- Calcium: 0% of the RDA per level tsp (0.4% of the RDA per tsp)
- Phosphorus: 0 % of the RDA per level teaspoon
- Potassium: 1.5 % of the recommended daily intake, RDIs, or DRIs, based on a 2,000 calorie for adults
- Zinc: 0% of the RDA per level tsp (0.1% of the RDA per tsp)
- Copper: 0 % of the RDA per level tsp (0.6% of the RDA per tsp)
- Vitamins B1 and B2: 0% of the BDI for adults based on a 2,000 calorie diet
- Minerals such as sulfur, chlorine, iodine, and zinc are also naturally occurring in baking soda.
Uses of Baking Soda:
What is baking soda good for? Baking soda is one of those amazing home remedies that has a million and one uses. You can use it for everything from baking to cleaning your kitchen to getting rid of bad smells. In this blog post, we’re going to take a look at some of the most popular baking soda uses and tips on how to make the most out of this versatile ingredient. So, whether you’re looking for a new way to use baking soda or just want to learn more about this multi-purpose remedy, read on!
Baking Soda is considered as a natural cleaner. So it is used in multiple ways as to clean house and utensil, oral consumption for health benefits, cosmetic use as beauty regime. It is also used for supernatural activities and to remove negative energies.
1. Uses of baking soda for hair:
Mixing ½ tablespoon of baking soda in regular shampoo will remove all the dirt and excess oil which is left over by market products.
2. Uses of baking soda for dandruff:
Make a fine paste of 1 teaspoon of baking soda and water. Rub this paste on the scalp. This will remove dandruff and excess sticky substance from hair. Don’t forget to wash hair after 4-5 mins rub.
3. Uses of baking soda for bathing:
Add 2-3 tablespoon of baking soda in the bathtub or one regular size bucket. This will remove all the dead skin along with the bad odor of sweat.
4. Baking soda for face:
Baking soda for face is a magical ingredient and all the big cosmetic companies are using it in facial kit or face wash or face pack. The concept behind it is that baking soda is alkaline in nature and it reacts with acidic substance released from sebaceous gland found in skin. It also kills bacteria and other pathogens due to its basic properties. Baking soda also exfoliates skin and makes it glowing. Common cosmetic uses of baking soda are:
- Baking soda for facial: Mix 2-3 pinches of baking soda with facial cream. It will remove dirt and pathogen from skin.
- Baking soda for facial scrub: Mix 2-3 pinches of baking soda in either market-based scrub or home-based scrub. It will remove dead skin and blackheads.
- Baking soda for face wash: Mix 2-3 pinches of baking soda in any face wash. This combination removes much more dirt than just a plane face wash.
5. Uses of baking soda for acne:
Baking soda is the best natural ingredient for acne treatment because of three reasons. First, baking soda is strong enough to kill almost all pathogen found in skin. Second, it reacts with the secretion of the facial gland and neutralizes its contents. Third, it cleans exfoliate skin.
So for acne, apply either thick paste on the affected area or thin paste all over the face.
6. Baking soda for teeth:
Baking soda is an excellent plaque removal. It is a common ingredient in market toothpaste. It helps to make teeth brighter and removes pathogens found in gums. Baking Soda also cleans pus pocket in gums and removes bad odor. For this, massage teeth with baking soda for 4-5 days continuously or twice a week.
Baking soda can also remove enamel too, so please avoid its excessive use.
7. Baking soda for urinary tract infection:
Baking soda neutralizes urine ph and kills pathogen found in the urinary bladder. It is diuretic in nature. It enhances formation of urine, thus removes the infection from the body.
8. Baking soda for burning sensation during urination:
An acidic change in urine causes burning sensation. One tablespoon of baking soda and water will neutralize ph of urine and eases the symptoms.
9. Uses of baking soda for gas:
Excess of HCL in stomach leads to Gas production in the stomach. Baking Soda (Chemical Formula NaHCO3) reacts with HCL and makes NaCl+H2O+CO2. So during gas problems; take of a half tablespoon of baking soda. It will release CO2 while burping and relieve gas problems. This is why baking soda is also useful in stomach ulcers.
10. Uses of baking soda for soft foot:
Mix 1 tablespoon baking soda in the ½ bucket of lukewarm water. Soak your feet in it for 10-15 mins. It will remove all the dead skin and foul odor from nails.
11. Baking soda drink:
There are lots of market-based preparations available as a soft drink. But it is recommended using homemade baking soda drinks only, as those are cheap and don’t have any preservatives and added sugar.
12. Uses of Baking soda for insect bite:
For minor bites from bugs and mosquitoes, apply baking soda on the affected part and massage it for some time. The poison of insect is acidic in nature and application of baking soda neutralizes it and eases the pain.
13. Uses of baking soda for Gout:
Gout is a medical inflammatory condition of the bone, due to excessive accumulation of uric acid in the affected area. Baking soda causes the chemical reaction with uric acid and eases the inflammation.
14. Boost your exercise stamina:
During exercise, there is the accumulation of lactic acid which causes heaviness in muscles and fatigue. Baking soda has the power to absorb lactic acid, thus it improves stamina.
15. Baking soda for cancer:
There are some studies which show that baking soda reacts with acidic substance excrete from cancerous cells. It also inhibits cell maturation process of cancerous cells without interfering the growth of the normal healthy cell. Health benefits of baking soda for cancer are still hypothetical and need to be substantiated by further research.
16. Uses of baking soda for cleaning:
Baking soda is an excellent choice for cleaning silver jewelry, utensils, and refrigerator. Spread some amount of baking soda and wash it with water. It will remove odor from kitchen and refrigerator.
17. Uses of baking soda for supernatural activities:
Supernatural activities are always a matter of belief. Baking soda is known for cleaning negative energy. From the scientific perspective, negative energy can be compared with pathogen, dirt, foul smell, infection etc. Spread 1-2 tablespoon baking soda in your sleeping area and wipe it off with water; it is an effective remedy for insomnia or headache. Many people say that placing 2-3 teaspoons baking soda near the pillow attracts the positive energy. It is also believed that mixing baking soda in the bath water can remove evil eyes.
Side Effects of Baking Soda:
Baking soda is mildly alkaline, thus the excess of oral intake can change blood ph and produce the symptoms of Alkalosis.
Oral intake of baking soda neutralizes stomach acid and produces NaCl (chemical formulas of salt), so it can worsen the condition of hypertension.
On external use, alkaline properties of baking soda cause exfoliation of skin. Excess use of baking soda can remove healthy skin too. Please use it cautiously on the face and other sensitive parts.
Use baking soda carefully on teeth as it can remove the layer of enamel too.
Difference Between Baking Soda and Baking Powder:
Chemically baking soda and baking powder are same. Baking soda is pure sodium bicarbonate. In reaction with acid, it produces H2O and CO2 which accumulates in the bubble form in cakes, cookies and makes it spongier. So it is necessary to add acidic medium with baking soda while making dishes, whereas baking powder is dry combination of baking soda and acidic medium. There is no need to add acidic medium while cooking.
The medicinal properties of baking soda make it a great addition to your medicine cabinet. To learn more about the 17 amazing health benefits and uses of baking soda, read the full article below or visit our blog for all kinds of helpful tips on wellness!
Above article is only for knowledge purpose. Please contact your healthcare provider before using any of above medicine or method. For any query or personal consultation according to your health condition please contact your doctor.