- Benefits Of Rose Water for Skin, Hair, and Depression
- What is rose water?
- Benefits of Rose Water:
- How to use Rose Water:
- How to make rose water:
- Side effects of rose water:
Benefits Of Rose Water for Skin, Hair, and Depression
Rose water is made from the distillation of rose petals and has been used for centuries for its therapeutic benefits. It’s a natural astringent, which makes it beneficial for skin care, and it also has anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties. Rose water can be used to relieve stress and depression, and it’s even said to improve memory. In this blog post, we’ll discuss the benefits of rose water for skin, hair, and depression, as well as how to use it.
What is rose water?
Rose water is a mystic product with the perfect combination of its sweet aromatic hypnotizing smell and medicinal values. There are various health benefits of rose water as it provides hydration and medicinal properties of rose. It is being used for cosmetic purposes from thousands of years in different societies. The literature describes that beautiful ladies and queens used to bathe in rose water to maintain their beautiful skin. Rose water originated from Egypt and nowadays it is broadly used in Aroma therapy, Natural therapy, Yunani medicine, Ayurveda medicine and oriental medicine.
Benefits of Rose Water:
What is rose water good for? If you’re like most people, you have probably never heard of rose water before. But, believe it or not, this little-known ingredient has a variety of health and beauty benefits. From reducing inflammation to hydrating your skin, read on to learn all about the many uses of rose water. You may be surprised at just how versatile this ingredient can be!
- Rose water possesses anti-inflammatory properties. It is applied on burns, scars, sunburn, etc. Also, It reduces pain sensation and edema.
- It also has some amount of antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Rose water contains rich amount of natural antioxidant, which on oral consumption relives stress, incites internal healing and improves immunity.
- Aroma of rose is a powerful antidepressant. Some clinical studies support aroma of rose inhibits amyloid synthesis in the brain which is related to stress, dementia, and Alzheimer.
- Rose water shows inhibition properties of Elastage and Collagenase enzyme. These enzymes are responsible for skin aging and wrinkles.
- Rose water can also treat a sore throat and nasal block up to some extent.
- It is the best way to hydrate and moisturize your skin.
- Rose water has astringent like properties. It helps to clean skin and makes it tighter. Also applying it after steam bath reduces redness of the skin. Rose water for skin is natural astringent and toner.
- Oral consumption of rose water relieves stomach ache, gas, and hyperacidity.
- Rose water is cold in nature, so taking it orally with other juices, hydrates and relieves excessive heat from the body.
- Due to Its aroma, Rose Water effectively reduces stress, anxiety; depression thus decreases the risk of cardiac stroke, migraine, hypertension, and others.
How to use Rose Water:
There are mainly two methods to use rose water, either oral intake or local application. Oral intake of rose water for the medicinal purpose is still in clinical trial. Rose water is not poisonous or toxic to human and it is broadly used in food items to improve fragrance and taste. Application of rose water is beneficial for beauty regime and for treating lots of medical conditions. For the best result, rose water should be applied in the night after face wash. Here are some others interesting ways to use rose water.
1. Benefits of Rose water spray:
The fragrance of rose water and beautiful sensation of its drops will relieve you from all day stress and make you fresh as a rose. Rose water spray can also be used after makeup to make it stable.
2. Benefits of Rose water for hair:
Applying rose water with oil and massaging your scalp will control dandruff. It will also provide moisture to scalp and hair. Rose water spray on hair will make it smell good. It can also be applied with conditioner.
3. Benefits of Rose water for face:
Rose water for face can be applied in various ways. It can be mixed with all types of facial masks and face packs. Rose water toner is best natural toner. Put few drops of rose water on a clean cotton ball and rub gently on face. It will tighten skin muscles and clean pores, thus gently tone the facial skin.
4. Benefits of Rose water for acne:
Anti-bacterial properties of rose water make it beneficial for acne. Mix rose water with lemon or tomato juice; apply this paste on face and rinse off after 10-15 mins. It is the best home remedy for acne.
Applying rose water with turmeric (Haldi) or Multani Mitti will not only treat acne but also other dark pigments and black spots on the face.
5. Benefits of Rose water for skin:
Rose water is a miracle for patients suffering from skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, urticaria and others. Applying rose water and glycerin on the affected area or on the whole body as a daily routine will relieve edema, itching, and dryness of skin.
6. Benefits of Rose water for foot care:
Rose water can remove the foul sweaty smell from nails. To do this, mix two tablespoons of rose water and hydrogen peroxide in half bucket of hot water. Soak your feet in this solution and then do the scrubbing. It will remove dirt and dead skin from the foot. After washing your feet, you can also apply rose water with glycerin.
7. Benefits of Rose water bath:
Adding 3-4 spoon rose water in water in the bathtub will remove body’s odor and pathogens. It will also provide necessary moisturization to your skin.
8. Rose water recipes:
Rose water can be taken with any cold juice. Mix 2 drop of rose water in the water used for making ice cubes. It will give a nice and refreshing aroma to your drink. In India, rose water is traditionally served with cold drink and sweets.
How to make rose water:
Rose water is made with rose leaves and petals through the distillation process. The basic process is distillation but it varies with different pharmaceuticals company. At first, the petals of roses are boiled with the water in a closed container, after boiling for 15-20 min, allow the container to cool its own. Extract of rose is mixed with water. This is less pure quality of rose water.
Another method is pure distillation process, in which rose is boiled with water and vapor is collected in other container. Rose water made through this process is of the best quality.
Side effects of rose water:
There is no scientific evidence of rose water side effects. But it is better to be on safer side. Do not consume the excessive amount of rose water orally and don’t mix rose water with hot dishes. People having allergy from roses should avoid using rose water.
We’re excited to share the benefits of rose water for skin, hair, and depression. In this blog post we’ve discussed how it can be used as a natural astringent that’s beneficial for skin care, an anti-inflammatory with antiviral properties that can help relieve stress and improve memory. You may never look at your kitchen sink the same again! Have you tried using rose water before? What was your experience like? Let us know in the comments below or on our social media channels!
Read more: 17 Amazing Health Benefits And Uses Of Baking Soda
Above article is only for knowledge purpose. Please contact your healthcare provider before using any of above medicine or method. For any query or personal consultation according to your health condition please contact your doctor.