8 Best Exercises For Abs Which You You Can Do At Home And Gym
It’s summer time and you want to rock a six-pack. You know that the key to is to combine a healthy diet with a good exercise routine, but you’re not sure where to start. Fear not – we’ve got you covered! These eight exercises are perfect for strengthening your abs, and you can do them at home or in the gym. So get ready to unveil those abs!
Who doesn’t want those sexy, sculpted abs! Be it men or women, its everyone’s desire to possess flat washboard abs, which they can flaunt. However, there are a lot of confusing content on the internet about exercises for abs; plus, a lot of these exercises can be dangerous for your back if you are already suffering from back pain or have weaker back.
Here we are sharing some of the easy exercises for abs, which can help you build belly of your dream. Also, these exercises are relatively safer for your back.
Exercises for abs at home:
1. Boat Pose:
This is one of the most effective exercises for building strong abs, especially, it is one of the best exercises for lower abs. The biggest benefit of this exercise is that you can customize it as per your current strength like moving your legs up and down and holding your legs at a height where you feel comfortable. To perform this exercise:
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent
- Bend backward, contract your abs, and extend your legs
- Extend your hands forward with palms facing inwards
- The objective of this exercise is to keep your legs as close the ground as possible (though don’t allow your legs to touch the ground), and hold for as long as possible
2. Tree Pose:
The objective of this exercise is to build core strengths which will help you to balance yourself on one leg. Stand straight and allow your palms to touch each other in front of your chest, like a prayer position. Now life one leg off the ground so that sole of that leg rests against the knee of other leg. Try to hold yourself in this position as long as you can, and repeat the process with other leg once you are done with your first leg.
3. Plank Pose:
It is an arm balancing exercise which helps to strengthen and tone abs along with arms and spine. To perform this exercise, you needs to get into push-up position. Distance between your arms should be equal to the distance between your shoulders, feet should be hip-width apart. Your heels, ankles, butt, spine, shoulders, neck, and head should be in one long straight line. Now, bend your elbows to lower your body, keeping your elbows hugged into your ribs.
Try holding this position for 1 minute. You should feel the strain in your abs and whole body.
The focus should be on your abs and keeping your body in a straight line.
4. Upward Dog Stretch:
- Lie facedown, the tops of your feet on the mat. Bend your elbows and place your palms on the floor beside your lower ribs.
- Push up, straightening your arms without locking your elbows, and lift your upper legs and torso into the air.
- Arch your chest upward, lifting the sternum. Keep elbows in, close to your sides. The main purpose of the pose is to give your abs a nice stretch, so breathe deep and enjoy your hard work. Hint: Roll your shoulders back.
Exercises for abs at gym:
1. Exercises for abs with ball:
a. Ball Jackknife:
- Lie on the floor facing downwards and extend your legs. Now, put your ankles on the ball. Extend your arms to lift yourself from the floor.
- Place your body weight on your arms, while those are in extension. Try to roll the ball by bending your knees and come back in original position after few seconds.
- Breathe out while rolling the ball in and breathe in while coming back to original position.
b. Ball Ab Rollout:
- Place yourself on your knees and your hands on top of the exercise ball, keep your arms extended and back straight.
- While your back and arms are extended, try to roll on the ball until your upper arms are pressed against it and come back to original position after few seconds.
2. Exercises for abs with weight or dumbbell:
a. Russian twist:
Place yourself in crunch position while keeping your feet in air and weight in your hands. Twist your upper body towards left side and them towards right side and count the process as 1 rep. Do 10 reps.
Place yourself in squat position while holding weight from both hands. Lift the weight from both of your hand towards right of your head, keeping your arms stretched them bring it back down. Do 10 reps on each side. This will help you to improve abs strength.
Things to Remember:
Though these exercises are very effective in building abdominal muscles, you should never overdo it. The more you do does not mean the more results you’ll get. Infect, overdoing can significantly increase the risk of injury to the lower back.
Also, the biggest mistake people make when attempting to reduce abdominal fat and building belly muscles is avoiding cardiovascular exercise. Even if you give your best, you can’t spot-reduce fat. You need to burn calories that are stored in your body in the form of fat. If a big layer of fat is covering your abs, there is no exercise that will give you a flat belly without including cardio workouts like running or cycling in your exercise routine.
Do include at least a 30 mins cardio exercise in your routine and control your diet if you want to see results for your exercises for abs. The best and safest cardio exercise to support your cause are jogging or an indoor-cycling class.
Diet for abs:
- Eat Small, Low Fat, Low Sugar Meals, 5-6 times a day.
- Include High Protein Foods in Your Diet.
- Green Vegetables Are Excellent Source Of Low Fat, Low Sugar Healthy Diet.
- Never Keep Yourself Hungry for too long.
- Never Skip Breakfast. Remember it’s the most important meal of the day.
- Avoid High Carb or Sugary Food In the evening and night.
- Keep Yourself Hydrated with lots of water.
Whether you’re at home or in the gym, these eight exercises are a great way to start toning your abs. Be sure to mix them up and challenge yourself with different variations – that’s the best way to see results! Are you ready to get started?