There are many genital problems which males face. Out of these, erectile dysfunction is one of the common complaints. So let’s discuss about it in detail.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction is a medical condition of Penis, where two situations are associated. First, difficulty to have an erection and second, not being able to maintain erection during course of sex.
Most of the men suffer from ED during some time of their life. Occasional erection trouble is not a matter of concern, but if erectile problem is an on-going issue, it may lead towards other sexual and psychological problems.
Erectile dysfunction and impotency:
Impotency is a condition where a man neither achieves full erection during sex neither ejaculates. Whereas erectile dysfunction is a condition where person gets erection and also ejaculates, but cannot sustain erection for long duration of time. Ongoing ED can lead towards impotency and treatment of ED can lead towards healthy sexual life.
Symptoms of erectile dysfunction:
- Trouble in getting an erection
- Trouble in maintaining erection
- Premature ejaculation
- Loss of sexual desire
Cause of erectile dysfunction:
Erectile dysfunction causes are mostly psychological than physical. Although number of physical factors also play important role in it. All causes of ED can be divided into two parts.
a. Physical reason of erectile dysfunction:
- Blood vessel and heart- Weakness of blood vessel and heart causes difficulty in blood flow towards
- Muscle- Penis is a muscular organ. Weakness of penis muscle is an important cause of ED.
- Neuromuscular and hormonal– Brain
, neurone andhormone are of messenger body. Deficiency or less communication between neuronecauses ED.
It is always a good option to consult your doctor before coming toward conclusion of ED. There are numerous health conditions which affect sexual health as well. Such as:
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Neuromuscular deficiency like in Parkinson’s disease
- Hormonal problem like hyper and hypothyroidism
- Old injury or surgical mark
- Blood vessel disease like atherosclerosis
- Extra growth like prostrate
- Bad habits like tobacco, alcoholism, drugs etc.
b. Physiological reason of erectile dysfunction:
Sex is a complex phenomenon
Complications of erectile dysfunction:
- Erectile dysfunction can cause number of psychological problems, like depression, anxiety, low self-esteem and others.
- Relationship problems
Erectile dysfunction test:
There is no definitive test to diagnose erectile dysfunction but your doctor may advise some blood tests and ultrasound to find out any other physical health issue.
There are some clinical ways to diagnosed between physical ED and psychological ED. If a person
Treatment of erectile dysfunction:
- All the physical causative factors need to be treated with aproper treatment like other health issues.
- Erectile dysfunction exercise- Yoga and stretching are effective in treatment of erectile dysfunction.
- Pashchimotasan– Sit on the floor and spread legs straight. Bend forward and Try to touch your toe by finger. This exercise squeezes pelvic and abdomen muscles and increases blood flow towards genitals.
- Butterfly exercise- Sit on mat and place both of your heals near your
pelvisorgans. Then move your knee up and down.
- Squat- It is
veryimportant exerciseto provide strength to pelvic organs for both male and female.
- Cardio exercise-Do cardio exercise for 5-10 min as per your strength. Cardio not only increases muscle tone and blood circulation
,but also relaxes mind and releases excessive negative hormones through sweat.
- Erectile dysfunction medicine- Sildenafil (Viagra) is drug of choice for ED treatment. Viagra is orally taken medicine but it can cause palpitation and severe tachycardia (increase heart beat). Please do not take Viagra without the consultation of doctor. Alprostadil ointments are also available on medical prescription.
- Ayurveda treatment for ED- There are numerous effective medicines available for various sexual problems like Ashwagandha, Shilajeet, Chandanasav, Vang Bhasm, Triang bhasm, Shatavari, Gokshur.
Above article is only for knowledge purpose. Please contact your healthcare provider before using any of above medicine or method. for any query or personal consultation according to your health condition Please Contact Us