Toned arms are one of the first physical attraction for any one, be it men or women. Arm strength represent physical fitness, discipline, hard work, and certainly they look sexy! But, strong arms are not the prerogative of only men. Ladies also dream of having lean, sculpted arms like Cameron Diaz, and to achieve this biceps, workouts are absolutely essential. Building lean and slim arms by lifting weights will make you look that much more attractive in those sleeve less tank tops, sexy short dresses, or in your bikinis on the beach this summer!
Most of the people want to know that how to get big biceps or how can they increase biceps size? So here we are going to tell you about the Biceps curls exercises, which are the best biceps workout exercises.
5 Best Biceps workout Exercises:
Here we have listed out 5 of very effective biceps workouts for men and women. By following these biceps workout routine at gym or home, you will achieve the arms of your dreams.
1. Standing Curl
- The standing curl is the first and one of the most basic biceps workout exercises for building arms of your dream.
- Start with feet together or with one foot in front and one foot depending on how comfortable and balanced you are in any position.
- Extend your arms fully at your sides while holding a barbell or dumbbell, elbows should be kept close to your body keep your elbows close to your body. Now, slowly lift the weight upwards only through your biceps while keeping rest of your body steady.
- Once weight reach at the top, squeeze your biceps and slowly bring the weight down to the initial position. Make sure to keep your elbows close to your body and don’t let them move at all during your rep.
2. Alternating Dumbbell Curl
- This is also one of the most basic bicep workout.
- Stand in starting position like “standing curl”, arms extended at your sides, palms facing forward.
- Slowly lift weight through only one arm up to shoulder height, and just like Standing Curl, squeeze your biceps once weight reach at the top..
- Slowly lower the weight down and lift the weight through the other arm. Elbows should always be kept close to your body and should not be allowed to move any time.
- If your elbows move, the exercise would not help you build the lean muscle mass you were aiming for as the weight get distributed with other muscles as well.
3. Hammer Curl
- This is one of the most common biceps workouts and the most effective one.
- Stand in starting position like “standing curl”, arms extended at your sides, palms facing inwards.
- Slowly lift the weight up to shoulder height and squeeze your biceps at the top.
- Bring down the dumbbells in the initial position.
- As always elbows should always be kept close to your body and should not be allowed to move any time.
- This compound exercise not only a super biceps and triceps workouts, but it is a great exercise for back as well, thus helps to build an overall great arms.
- Grab the bar while palms are facing towards you. Palms should be placed shoulder width apart
- Now pull your body up so that so that your chin goes over the bar.
- Slowly come back to the initial position so that your arms are completely extended.
- Beginners can find it difficult to lift themselves up thus they can take help of a partner who can support them while they lift their body.
- If you do not have any partner to support you pull yourself up as far as you can. Gradually you will develop strength and be able to pull yourself completely up to the bar.
- Never try to push yourself too much otherwise you might injure yourself.
5. Supinated Bent-Over Rows
- Again this is one of the best biceps exercises, as it is a great biceps workout, as well as a wonderful exercise for triceps and back muscles as well. You can also do separate exercises for back to make it strong.
- To begin with, feet should be kept at shoulder-width apart. Now, hold a barbell or dumbbells in each hand, while palms facing away from you. Bend forward a little bit, while keeping your vertebra straight and chest expanded so that you feel a little pull in your hamstrings.
- Now, pull the dumbbells towards your body until it is just below your chest as if you were rowing.
- Slowly comeback to initial position, and repeat again.
Above article is only for knowledge purpose. Please contact your healthcare provider before using any of above medicine or method. For any query or personal consultation according to your health condition Please Contact Us.